How to apply:
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £21, 450 p/a
Location: Islington N19
Overview of the Role:
We are looking for a friendly, organised, and caring member of staff to join our busy and growing GP Practice. If this sounds like a role which could suit you, we’d love to hear from you.
The primary focus of the role will be to work as part of our Patient Support Team, acting as a point of contact between our patients, Practice, and medical staff.
Aside from general responsibilities included the role, such as receiving incoming calls from patients, booking appointments, responding to patient queries, taking messages and liaising with our clinicians, the role will also include more general GP Practice Administration. For this reason, prior experience working with EMIS Web is considered highly desirable for the role.
Please email a CV & covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also clearly state the role you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide comprehensive and efficient administrative support to the service;
- Use a range of computer systems (Clinical / Patient Record Systems, Microsoft Office package, e-Referral System/eRS)
- Responding to patient enquiries in a timely, efficient and sensitive manner.
- Act as a point of contact for our patients, both over the phone and online.
- Booking follow up appointments/telephone calls, sending patient letters and managing DNA’s), ensuring that clinic capacity is used as efficiently as possible.
- Liaise with other organisations and staff at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Liaise with clinicians within General Practice, hospitals and other services to gather information and provide information.
- Assess and resolve patient queries concerning their referrals and appointments in a timely professional manner.
- Record information using a variety of computer systems ensuring there are no delays in the processing of referrals.
- Be responsible for maintaining comprehensive filing and database systems.
- Organise and facilitate relevant meetings, preparing the agenda, taking minutes.
- Work on own initiative, to plan time effectively, to multi-task successfully, and prioritise own work load on a daily basis, working autonomously within own work area seeking advice where appropriate.
If you feel that you are suitable for the role, we would love to hear from you!
- Are able to consistently deliver a patient-focused service, which promotes good customer service and effective working relationships.
- Have an understanding, acceptance and adherence to the need for strict confidentiality for our patients.
- Are highly organised and focused with good attention to detail.
- Are able to respond sensitively to phone calls including from people who may be distressed or angry.
- Are highly IT literate
- Have an ability to prioritise your workload and meet deadlines
- Are enthusiastic and motivated
- GCSE grade A to C in English and Maths as minimum
- Experience working in Primary Care
- Experience of using customer/clinical databases like EMIS Web.